While finding large employers for communities is important, so too is encouraging local entrepreneurs who are rooted in the life of the community.
CNI’s Micro Finance Group is committed to bringing affordable microfinance solutions to small business owners who do not have access to traditional sources of financing.
Microloans from the Micro Finance Group, currently ranging from $500 – $50,000, feature flexible underwriting criteria to allow borrowers to start up and expand their businesses.
Impacting Communities with Mission-Based Lending
- 67 microloans have been funded since founding
- $942,000 in lending since December 2012
- 293 jobs created and retained
Microloan Program Impacts to Date
Each loan must meet one of the following mission-based requirements:
- Creates new and / higher paying employment opportunities
- Save existing jobs
- Creates more spending within communities on the South and West sides of Chicago, adjacent suburban communities and Northwest Indiana
- Promotes community development by revitalizing commercial strips in underserved neighborhoods
Jobs Created and Retained